Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hurting the Icelandic Horses


Why do the riders do these things to the Icelandic Horses? Too much rein contact, bits that don't fit, tight nosebands, uneducated hands. Overbending the horse is found to be very detrimental... what type of rider does this? to a pony?!?!?

The Icelandic Horse is supposed to be a "natural" horse... why all the heavy equipment? Is the equipment supposed to "control" the horse? Does it take the place of knowledge and education?


Norah Jones

"Don't Know Why" Lyrics:

I waited 'til I saw the sun
I don't know why I didn't come
I left you by the house of fun
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching teardrops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

Out across the endless sea
I would die in ecstasy
But I'll be a bag of bones
Driving down the road along

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

Something has to make you run
I don't know why I didn't come
I feel as empty as a drum
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come





icelandic horse, cheval islandais, island hast, islandske hest, pferde islenskir hestar, ijslands paard, islanninhevonen, islenskihesturinn, islandisches pferd, hestur, islandpony pony

1 comment:

Ida said...

It's really not THAT common to see, and also I have to point out that the cruelty happening in the "ordinary" riding is the same if not even worse. Show jumping? Thight tack and sawing bits..